artsd abort in FC4T2

James C. Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Tue Apr 19 22:39:01 UTC 2005

I am running X86_64 on an AMD_64 3400 with a Asus K8V-SE Deluxe MB.
I am also running KDE desktop.  If I open VI and do a backspace, I should
get a beep, bit instead I get nothing and then an error dialog box with the
title
"Error - artsmessage" and a message that says "Sound Server overload,
aborting".  After that, hitting backspace in VI yields the correct beep and
no more aborts?  I am running kernel 1240 with all the latest updates.  Do
I have something set wrong?  Any ideas?  If I run top in a second window,
artsd goes to 99.4% cpu usage before the abort message.  Then it is .3%
cpu usage after the abort.

Jim