Slow firefox startup on x86_64

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Wed Apr 20 00:07:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 19:00 +0200, Sylvain Rouillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First off, I have to mention that firefox works fine, it starts, it runs, it
> closes. All fine. Just I found it a little slow to fire up, so I ran some
> investigation. Until I issued this command:
>
> $ strace -e trace=open firefox

> Am I the only one to see this? Is my interpretation of facts erroneous?

Upon runnin strace, mine took about 2-3 seconds to start and browseable,
but I did see the same things you did, it looking for libraries, looking
for certain plugins (which I don't have installed), etc..

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"