Flash Player Firefox plugin will not install/play flash objects.

Fred New Fred.New at microlink.ee
Thu Apr 21 14:45:30 UTC 2005

On 21. aprill 2005. a. 17:26, Matt Galvin wrote:

> Nope :(
>
> --- snip ---
> ~$ sudo /sbin/restorecon -v ~/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
> /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Multiple same
> specifications for /bin/hostname.
> /sbin/restorecon reset
> /home/mgalvin/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so context
> user_u:object_r:default_t->user_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t
> --- snip ---
>
> I tried going to a flash site and it did not work.

I've been installing plugins in the global location,
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, so my thoughts may not count for
your case.  But doesn't the flashplayer plugin include 2
files.  Maybe you need to restorecon the other file too -
flashplayer.xpt

(If you try to run the flashplayer-installer script to
install flashplayer globally, it won't accept
/usr/lib/mozilla as a valid location.  You will need
to specify /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.3 and then move the
plugins from /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.3/plugins to
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.  You CAN leave the plugins
in /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.3/plugins, but then they
won't work when you upgrade to firefox-1.0.4, or
whatever is next.)

Fred