20050422 missing deps

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 19:06:47 UTC 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, Matt Galvin <matt.t.galvin at gmail.com> wrote:

> --- snip ---
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: struts11 = 1.1-1jpp_2fc for package:
> struts11-webapps-tomcat5
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: struts11 = 1.1-1jpp_2fc is needed by
> package struts11-webapps-tomcat5
> --- snip

> I ran yum update a few times to hit different mirrors and none of them
> seem to have this package yet.

According to the %changelog:

* Thu Apr 21 2005 Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat.com> - 0:1.1-1jpp_4fc
- Rename user on webapps subpackage (#147601).

* Fri Feb 18 2005 Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat.com> - 0:1.1-1jpp_3fc
- Temporarily disable webapp subpackage.

Since _3fc never made to rawhide, this is the first we hear of it.

Looks like we have to rpm -e the struts11-webapps-tomcat5 package by
hand to get a full update.  Unfortunately the Obsoletes: that would
have done this automatically is not there.