Does anyone have the ITE 8212 controller driver

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon Apr 25 17:36:29 UTC 2005

I bought a new board [ASUS P5AD2-E] with the ITE 8212 chipset.

I have Googled and found only complaints, for the first 5 pages.

In one of the results someone mentioned that Alan Cox may be
working on the drivers.

I disabled the RAID on all the SATA and IDE controllers in BIOS.

This new board supports up to 14 drives;
Ports - Mfg. - Chipset - Status
1 ATA33/66/100 - Intel - ICH6 - Detected and works
4 SATA150 - Intel - ICH6R - Detected and works
4 SATA150 - SIS - Sil3114R - Appears to be unsupported
2 ATA133 - ITE 8212 - Appears to be unsupported

The drives I have listed as "Appears to be unsupported"
do not seem to have any drivers loaded, and lspci lists
the as "Unknown ..." or something like that.

I didn't have time to do much testing yesterday due to
family commitments. Any suggestions about what tests I
should perform.