OT: mounting mp3 player - SOLVED

Mark Belanger mark_belanger at ltx.com
Tue Apr 26 14:42:23 UTC 2005

Mark Belanger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a hardware mp3 player:
> Rave MP AMP256 - http://www.rave-mp.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=AMP256
>
> The internel 256 meg memory mounts up no problem
> as /dev/sda1
> I've just added a second SD/MMC memory card(512M) which
> shows up in Windows XP as another drive.
>
> I've tried mounting /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdc1, etc as well
> as /dev/sda2, /dev/sda3, etc with no luck.
>
> Does anyone know who to mount this extra memory?

Use cdrecord -scanbus to identify the scsibus(in my case scsibus 3)
echo "scsi add-single-device 3 0 0 1"> /proc/scsi/scsi
where "3" is your scsibus.
You should be able to mount using the next device.  In my case, the
player was mounting as /dev/sda1 - The extra memory mounted up as
/dev/sdb1

This was solved using Alexandre Strube's tip about searching
fedora users archive for multi-lun card reader posts.

-Mark

--
Mark Belanger
LTX Corporation