Boot problems with up to date but 1261 kernel system

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Apr 27 17:30:07 UTC 2005

Had a rawhide install that worked reasonably well.  Did yum update to
latest rawhide today and rebooted.  Kernel 1268 appeared to bring back
network driver problem, so I tried to boot back to 1261.  This system
appears to become "busy" (laptop fan goes on) after loading modules, and
then takes an incredibly long time to boot, particularly starting
networking programs.  I haven't been able to glean any kernel errors or
other messages, just takes forever.  Never had the patience to let the boot
complete.

I know this is pretty vague, but thought I'd report it.

- Orion