Kernel or Grub

Donald Casey dcasey at the-caseys.com
Thu Apr 28 04:20:24 UTC 2005

OK, I have found a very reproducible issue on my system. Don't know for sure
if it is a Grub issue or Kernel. I believe that it is Grub because I have
four Kernels on my system and all produce the same response now.

Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
audit(1114645171.238:0):initialized
Red Hat nash version 4.2.8 starting
ERROR: /sbin/udevstart exited abnormally! (pid 417)
ata2: disabling port
ERROR: /sbin/udevstart exited abnormally! (pid 481)
  Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
  No volume groups found
  Unable to find volume group "VolGroup00"
ERROR: /bin/lvm exited abnormally! (pid 483)
mount: error 6 mounting ext3
ERROR opening /dev/console!!!!: 2
error dup2'ing fd of 0 to 0
error dup2'ing fd of 0 to 1