testing on VIA EPIA M10000

tony tony at tgds.net
Thu Apr 28 15:13:11 UTC 2005

I bit the bullet and am playing with test 2 on above machine.

The good:

	- DVB card recognised and modules loaded on boot hey udev is fixed!
	- most stuff seems to work

The bad:

	- having some USB issues which lead to machine locking hard and have
not found logs as to what is wrong yet (plugging in a USB key and
unmounting it is an example)

	- xine won't compile with gcc4... how do I watch TV with the working
DVB card =;-p

The ugly:

	- can't get my own kernel to boot - HAL udev stuff I guess giving me
permission refused messages when jdb and ext3 modules try to load

I need to make a kernel with DRM/DRI for the CLE266 and other VIA
specific stuff

Cheers

Tony