DHCP to give out domain.tld

Donald Casey dcasey at the-caseys.com
Thu Apr 28 23:41:11 UTC 2005

Ignacio,

 My DHCP server is already configured to give out the domain.tld, which it
passes out properly to MS machines. What I am looking for is how to make the
Linux clients get the same info, while I want to define the machine name at
the local machine, just like MS. If I use just the machine name in
/etc/hosts not everything work just right. If I put in the entire name I get
machine.domain.tld.domain.tld in /var/lib/dhcpd/dhcp-leases and other
machine on my LAN will not use DNS to resolve this.

Thanx,
Don