Invalid compressed format (err=2) after rawhide20050427 update

Dawid Zamirski dzrudy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 03:43:18 UTC 2005

Hello

Since I updated to rawhide20050427 I'm unable to boot the system with
any kernel (including the most recent 1275 build) except
2.6.11-1.1240_FC4 which works ok. Higher builds of the kernel throw the
"Invalid compressed format" error. I was able to boot 126x kernels
before the update. I tried to revert back initscripts an mkinitrd
packages to 8.07-1.x86_64 and 4.2.8-1.x86_64 respectively, but this
didn't solve the problem. I also disabled SE Linux and checked my file
system with reiserfsck but this didn't help either. My all partitions
including /boot are reiserfs. Could this be the cause of the problem?

Thanks.