formatting your hard drive for testing

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Fri Apr 29 16:04:46 UTC 2005

tor, 28.04.2005 kl. 12.33 skrev Robin Green:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Kenneth Geddings Jr. wrote:
>
> > i want to set up my hard drive to have three partitions one is the windows xp
> > home partition, one will be my main Linux partition (for fedora core ) and
> > the other will be a testing ground partition so i can test out latest fedora
> > core tests and or try out other Linux distributions with it. i am going to
> > use the mandrake installer to format and resize my hardrive
>
> Wow, does it support resizing NTFS partitions? I hope the fedora installer
> supports that in future.

Probably patent issues.

But systemRescueCD is a *really* handy tool - a 100 MB bootable cd with
linux on it, and the tools qt_partition_something (the partition magic
clone. I like it better than the original :) ), and a whole lot of
others - including tools to reset windows passwords and clamav. Really
great tool for:
- Fixing partitions (for installing Linux as Dual-boot, or for some
other reasons)
- Repairing "broken" PC's, whether they are Linux og Windows (and yes it
does Captive NTFS).

Kyrre