MSI K8N Platinum/Diamond audio detection NEWS

Ovidiu Lixandru ovidiu at linux360.ro
Mon Apr 4 19:36:00 UTC 2005

Yes, I'm very sure it's a Live! 24-bit. It's even written on both the
board, the drivers CD label and driver name in Windows. ;) As I said,
the audio capture works fine with the latest kernel in FC3-updates,
which is:

2.6.11-1.7_FC3

Here's the lspci output for the board:

00:11.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy LS
         Subsystem: Creative Labs: Unknown device 1006
         I/O ports at d400 [size=32]
         Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

A screenshot of the volume control applet:
http://www.linux360.ro/~ovidiu/stuff/volume-applet.jpg

I've found yet another thing which doesn't work as it should: the OSS
emulation. In XMMS, the OSS output is fine, but the mixer (/dev/mixer)
is dead. And I've still got to figure out how to set that period
parameter globally.

--
Ovidiu Lixandru
linux360