New xfs (X font server) initscript for testing. Should work in all Fedora Core OS releases, as well as RHL 8 and RHEL3 and newer. Please test!

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Mon Apr 4 23:19:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 16:07 -0700, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On FC3 i386 (stock fonts, stock everything.)
>
> # ./xfs restart
> Restarting xfs:
> Shutting down xfs:                                         [  OK  ]
> Starting xfs: ./xfs: line 56: [: missing `]'

I didn't have that problem above, nor any problems so far :)

Saw a .02 'Ish second increase in start up.

Question, does that script only run fc-cache on root/system fonts and
not /home/user or just user fonts (such as /home/user/.fonts dir)?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"