sound-juicer and mp3

Aaron Kurtz a.kurtz at hardsun.net
Tue Apr 5 16:36:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 18:28 +0200, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Thanks a lot, sound-juicer is working fine now. i installed an ancient
> version of gstreamer, including plugins for mp3-support as lame-libs.
> but i still cannot rip mp3.
>
> I am 37, perhaps i forgotten something ;-) Do you have hints?

You need an audio profile to rip to. Read the manual. From the
Sound-juicer help file:

"If you need to store tracks in the MP3 format (for example, because
your portable music player only supports MP3 and not Ogg Vorbis), you
will need to create a new profile. To do this, run
gnome-audio-profiles-properties, press New and name it MP3. Then press
Edit and set GStreamer Pipeline to
audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc, the File
Extenstion to mp3, and check Active. Then start Sound Juicer and select
the MP3 format.

This profile uses the LAME MP3 encoder, so you will need to have the
GStreamer LAME plugin installed."

Google around for details on setting the bitrate to your desired
quality. I'll just stick with grip.

--
Aaron Kurtz <a.kurtz at hardsun.net>       GPG Key ID: ED588CF2