XMMS (was: Re: rawhide report: 20050405 changes)

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:36:01 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 2:24 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> So, I'm going to give you a hearty FUCK YOU.
>
> You do some actual work, then you get to complain.
> Otherwise you get to the shut the fuck up.
> -sv

Seth, ... It is possible for someone to point out faults with the
current state of affairs without making a personal attack against you.

I don't think anyone here is placing any  direct fault on you, and I
think it is really unproductive for you to respond to every concern
people have about EXTRAS with this kind of temper tantrum.

Your work is both valuable and appreciated.

The idea of moving components from core to extras appears to be a solid idea.

But there are some concerns that arise from the differing maintains
and development realities of core and extras that need to be
discussed, and hopefully be resolved.

Rather than being insulted when the inevitable discussions occur, why
not ask "What am I doing wrong?", "What other important project would
you like me to drop in order to fix this?", and "Is there any
consensus that this is important, or even a problem?".   If you would
like others to avoid discussing matters that they don't have solutions
for, or are unwilling to work towards a solution for... then you
should set an example by either being constructive or avoiding the
discussions youself.