XMMS (was: Re: rawhide report: 20050405 changes)

Mike Bird mgb-fedora at yosemite.net
Tue Apr 5 19:40:35 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 12:02, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> The cvs server for extras was provided by Red Hat

I made a false assumption.  I had assumed that multi-billion-dollar
Redhat would have provided the people who work for them for free with a
farm capable of rebuilding all Extras in a day or so.  My apologies.

Is there anyone here who can speak for Redhat?

Why the stingy hardware allocation?

Why -
> Red Hat is still working on infrastructure peices for the
> final buildsystem and contributor facing systems.
- after all this time?  This isn't exactly rocket science.

Why are useful Core packages being thrown into the uncoordinated
obscurity of Extras before the system is ready to handle them?

And why oh why throw out popular packages to make room for Eclipse on
the Core CD's?!

Oh, and Seth, is it that the Extras system can't rebuild all or that you
don't want to schedule one yet?

Thanks,

--Mike Bird