XMMS (was: Re: rawhide report: 20050405 changes)

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 20:20:58 UTC 2005

Mike Bird wrote:

> I made a false assumption.  I had assumed that multi-billion-dollar
> Redhat would have provided the people who work for them for free with a
> farm capable of rebuilding all Extras in a day or so.  My apologies.
>
> Is there anyone here who can speak for Redhat?
>
> Why the stingy hardware allocation?

Hi Mike,

Red Hat has a total of twelve machines dedicated to Fedora, including
three build machines. Right now they are not very highly utilized beyond
the cvs server. The main problem, again, is people who have the time to
set them up, write software, and make them useful.

Until you are willing to take the time to find all the issues involved in
making progress, I don't think is fair of you to be as critical as you
have been. It's obvious that you have a strong vision of where Fedora
should go, and it'd be really cool if you were to get involved and make
that vision a reality.

Best,
-- Elliot