Unable to open any other ttys

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 21:40:44 UTC 2005

Hi,

On my laptop [Toshiba A10] (running the 1225_FC4 kernel and
xorg-x11-6.8.2-18), I don't seem to be able any other terminals except
through X. For example, ctrl alt f1 gives me a blank screen (as does f2
- f6 and f8, f9) - no login prompt.

I'm not seeing this on the desktop machine, so I doubt it's anything
big.

Anyone got any hints on trying to find out what the problem could be?

TTFN

Paul
--
"It is often said that something cannot be libel if it is the truth.
This has had to be amended to 'something cannot be libel if it is the