Rebuilding Extras (was: Re: XMMS (was: Re: rawhide report: 20050405 changes))

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed Apr 6 14:15:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:32:40 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> okay, are you going to screen out the things that have already been
> bumped and rebuilt or do you want a global rebuild.
>
> if the latter, that's fine. I'll spawn off a big build on x86 and
> x86_64.
>
> I don't have the ppc box up yet but it should be here today.

Well, where are we now?

FE Devel repo is filled with a broken mixture of FC3 binaries and Rawhide
binaries. Which packages need a rebuild? And when?

What is the plan? To continue with that and try a single mass rebuild
no sooner than FC4T3 or FC4 RC ISOs?

I've asked before as how we proceed.

GCC 4 is there. We could try rebuilds of all packages which have not been
rebuilt since FC3 and then continue to fix things gradually and try to
stay in sync with FC Devel (for upgrades like FLAC).

Or is it necessary to rebuild _everything_ once more near the end of FC4
development period?

My proposal is to bump all packages which have not been rebuilt since
FC3, attempt to rebuild them, and give the community something to test.
Packages, which have been touched and rebuilt two weeks ago, surely are
kept in shape by a package maintainer who tracks Rawhide.