gdm early login

Ray Strode rstrode at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 16:00:17 UTC 2005

Hi,
> I was expecting that I would enter my log in details and that the
> desktop would start up at that point.  From there, all the other
> services that needed starting would start in the background while the
> desktop was starting/running.
That is how it is planned to work.  We just have to figure out which
services need to be started for the desktop to not be broken (things
like hal, dbus, acpi, networking, etc).

You can try it now by lowering the priority of the gdm-allow-login
script, and raising the priority of services that aren't essential for
you on login (cups? apache? gpm? vncserver?).

--Ray