Unable to install macromedia flash player on x86_64 arch

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:01:43 UTC 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 1:57 PM, dragoran <dragoran at feuerpokemon.de> wrote:
> Justin Conover wrote:

> >>http://gplflash.sourceforge.net/
> >>
> >>--
> >>

> >I've heard the gplflash crashes firefox often.  I will try it tonight
> >if I get a chance.  Until Macromedia releases a 64bit version, this is
> >what I do.
> >
> >yum remove firefox
> >grab firefox from mozilla.org and install it.  grab flash 7, install it.
> >

> you can also try yum install firefox.i386

I guess you just point your "icon/launcher" to
/usr/lib/firefox/firefox after that.

A note about gplflash, I pulled down cvs and built it, but you will
need libmad which I grabbed from

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/3/libmad/libmad-0.15.1b-3.1.fc3.fr.src.rpm

rpmbuild --rebuild libmad*

built and installed fine on rawhide 64 and I will test the plugin when
i get home.