high temp?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Apr 8 02:27:09 UTC 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 19:45, Robbie Foust wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Apr  7 04:29:06 localhost kernel: Critical temperature reached (95
> C), shutting down.
>Apr  7 04:29:06 localhost shutdown: shutting down for system halt
>
>Any suggestions?  This seems to happen nightly on my IBM Thinkpad
> A31p, fc4t1.  :-( (yes the fan is working :-)

Cron runs a bunch of housekeeping and maintainance utilities starting
at 4 AM.  Even if the fan is running, to hit 95C indicates the unit
needs more air, lots more air, or its full of dust bunnies & needs an
air hose taken to its internals.  95C is very very hot indeed.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)