FC4t2 no good without LILO

Dana Lacoste dana.lacoste at peregrine.com
Tue Apr 12 20:05:29 UTC 2005

> > Here's a question -- does grub work yet if your boot device is >2TB?
>
> Yes, no, and maybe.  It depends on how you partition, and we don't yet
> do GPT partitioning; that's an installer bug and an fdisk/parted bug as
> much as anything else.  Somebody's been threatening to send me a box to
> use to fix it, but nothing has shown up yet.  I'll start coding it blind
> at some point, I guess...

OK, let me get this straight.

"Some people can't use this at all, it doesn't work at all for them, but
because it works for me they have to use what I use, like it or lump it."

I'll try test2 later this week, but I've already had to stop testing my
install of test1 because disk druid trashed my partition table (in a well
known yet still completely stupid manner) on install.  But there's no other
way to fdisk with the installer, so I can't install.

So there's no way to install with some systems because it messes up
the partition table.

And there's no way to install with other systems cuz it won't boot after
cuz grub just plain doesn't work.

And the Fedora team is going to fix these problems by eliminating the
tools that do work?

I think I can see why the "switch to Mac!" articles have been so common
lately.

Dana "Hmm, wonder if I can switch back to BSD?" Lacoste

PS: OpenOffice in minimal install?

PPS: Perhaps labelling Fedora as a "desktop-only, NO SERVER SUPPORT" OS
would be appropriate?