FC4t2 no good without LILO

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Apr 12 23:34:05 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 17:06 -0600, Guy Fraser wrote:
> Add any kind of drive when you are booting from SATA and you
> no longer have a bootable machine.

This is due to a failure to set the boot order correctly in your BIOS,
or you have a BIOS that doesn't allow you to do this.  We see this
scenario quite often where I work, adding in drives or reordering them.
Just setting the boot order correctly lets grub work nicely.  Of course,
having hardware that puts SATA out on it's own chipset and not
'emulated' as an IDE device helps a lot.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: