FC4t2 no good without LILO

James E. LaBarre jamesl at bestweb.net
Wed Apr 13 18:26:21 UTC 2005

>On Tue, 2005-12-04 at 19:46 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
>The problems is the developers keep blaming the problems
>on misconfiguration, when the thing should work.

I think the problem with your continuing bugs in GRUB come from the fact
that Grub, in it's current form, isn't actually in active development
anymore.  If you look at the GNU Grub webpage (
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub), you'll see there are 2 versions: Grub
Legacy, and Grub2.  To quote from their page:

discussing the development of GRUB 2.

GRUB Legacy is no longer being developed. For the differences between GRUB
Legacy and GRUB 2, please visit their respective pages.

So, presumably since Grub Legacy is no longer being developed, it probably
isn't being fixed either.  And, if you notice, the reference to Grub2 is
that they are *discussing* development of that version.  Which suggests to
me that *NO* code has been written.

All that being said, Grub has worked for me, so I expect it's still
possible to make it work for you.  Perhaps the original developer should
take BACK the development of Grib, since it seems the GNU folks are only
working on it in between Hurd programming sessions.