Preventing spammers from infiltrating the Red Hat mailing lists

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Wed Apr 13 17:40:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 12:36 -0400, William M. Quarles wrote:

> If you would like to see the Red Hat newsgroup mirrors have encrypted
> e-mail addresses, please reply to this topic and discuss.  If you are
> even more brave (important since some of these lists are high-volume and
> not everything gets read), please contact your list administrator
> directly at <listname-admin at redhat.com>.  If someone knows how to get
> the word out on the international lists or to their administrators
> (since I don't speak multiple tongues), please do so.  If someone knows
> who to contact who can make all of the newsgroups have encrypted e-mail
> addresses going above all of the list administrators (maybe the person
> who decided to obfuscate them all on the web archive?) please contact
> him or her and let us know how to contact that person.

The problem is spam not the lists nor list management.
Kill Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm
Today's Spam Trap Adds:  http://www.TQMcube.com/BlockedToday
RBLDNSD HowTo:           http://www.TQMcube.com/rbldnsd.htm
Multi-RBL Check:         http://www.TQMcube.com/rblcheck.htm