yum update fails, looking for "libpq.so.3"

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:24:59 UTC 2005

On 4/13/05, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at mindspring.com> wrote:
> ok, in order to minimize the chance of making a mess of an update,
> what's the minimum set of repo files i need to enable if i want to do
> nothing more than update existing packages?
> of the five that came with fc4t2, i'm guessing i need only
> fedora-devel.repo, is that a reasonable guess?

A fresh install of fc4t2.. with no additional packages...
fedora-devel.repo is it..technically.

fedora-extras-devel.repo is also enabled by default.. and you might
want to keep that
enabled. If any other package is moved from Core to Extras before
test3 you will be able to get updates for it from Extras if you have
one of those packages installed now. I personally don't see how having
fedora-extras-devel  enabled negatively affects you, unless you plan
to add additional repositories that conflict.

-jef