FC4t2 no good without LILO

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Thu Apr 14 22:37:25 UTC 2005

Guy Fraser wrote:

>I tried for a couple weeks, but the "engineers" could give me
>nothing that would help, and at the time they had the snotty
>attitude.
>
>Yesterday I was told that add-on PCI SATA {Non-RAID} controllers
>were not standard. We have been told many times on the list that
>on-board SATA RAID is no good and shouldn't be used. It has also
>been said that add-on PCI SATA RAID is also no good. Since I have
>never found a Motherboard that supports SATA on-board that does
>not have RAID, I have no idea what the "engineers" have been using
>to test SATA. It seems like just another runaround.

I guess you misunderstood what they said. What they mean (and everybody
else around the world means) is : use the onboard controller as a SATA
controller , but *ignore* the advertised RAID features. This "raid" isnt
a hardware raid , but a win-raid , kinda like the winmodems werent real
hardware modems...

--
Pedro Macedo