probs with DFE-580 TX

Frank Sander FrankSanderDo at vodafone.de
Fri Apr 15 10:11:37 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

I know I am pretty wrong here with this question, but I hope that one of
the more experienced can help me on a fc3 prob:

kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC3smp on a pentium 4 HT board with MEGAraid controler.
DFE-580TX 4 port ethernet gives me every few seconds

Apr 15 12:01:33 greystar01 kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
Apr 15 12:01:33 greystar01 kernel: eth0: Transmit timed out, TxStatus 00
TxFrameId 02, resetting...

and resets the port.
The Card is transfering Data but with the reset I always get the
transfer down for a few seconds.

As far as I could figure the card is driven by sundance driver. But I
can not find anything if or how to change parameters to get off the prob.

Any body any idea?

Thanks in Advance

Frank