SMB woes

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.com
Fri Apr 15 15:00:20 UTC 2005

Accessing a SMB share on an NTFS partition on a Win XT Pro,
I get random timeouts writing to the share, returning a
failure code to the application (pan).  This is on FC3
and also FC4T2.

FC4T2 crashes once or twice daily; FC3 did not.  These
crashes might be related to the SMB problem.

I have not had problems with Windows accessing Samba shares
on Linux except for munging of non-ASCII characters in
file names.
--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665