upgrading to gcc 4.0

Dawid Gajownik dawid_gajownik at o2.pl
Sun Apr 17 07:43:11 UTC 2005

Dnia 04/17/2005 04:28 AM, Użytkownik D. D. Brierton napisał:

> Huh? gcc 4 is *included* in FC3.

But it sometimes does not work :P For example I wasn't able to recompile
httpd in that way:

CC=gcc4 CXX=g++4 rpmbuild --rebuild httpd-some_numbers.src.rpm

because libtool was complaining about "--tag" or something (sorry, I
don't remember it). I didn't have problems with other packages (mysql,
php, etc.).

Installing gcc-4.0.0 in FC3 is quite easy if you use yum :) I've just
only had to manually upgrade libtool-libs to libtool-ltdl (missing
dependencies?)

Right now I use this config file:
http://80.55.221.90/~gajownik/linux/bak/fedora-devel.repo
and everything works fine :D