text login as default?

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Sun Apr 17 13:13:03 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 08:14, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

> Coming from the Debian world I wanted to ask one question. Doesn't the FC
> package manager allow you to have a look at the diff of your present config
> and the newconfig before the packages' installation?

I also was once a heavy Debian user so I know what you are talking
about.  However I would have to say asking questions to a user during
updates after each package install is dead wrong.  If a user wants to be
that micro managey that is what the rpmnew and rpmsave files are for.

BTW. for the original poster - I haven't seen the change you are
referring to.  I still boot up into X.

--
J5