Up2date showing non-installed software

duralisis duralisis at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 05:03:07 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

>On 4/18/05, duralisis <duralisis at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Is there a way to configure or otherwise modify up2date to show only
>>updates for packages I have installed currently?
>>

>Can you explain to me what your doing to get up2date to show things
>that you don't have installed already?  When i run the graphical
>up2date all i see are updates for things I have installed. And from
>the commandline up2date --update   seems to only attempt to update
>packages.
>
>rpm -q up2date
>up2date-4.4.14-2
>
>-jef

I'm using the graphical one.  For example, right now it's showing
"Version Installed" for things I know I don't have or specifically
de-selected during install.  Such as mozilla, pam, 4suite, sqlite, a
bunch of libs I've never even heard of, jpackage, java, evolution
related ones, emacs (specifically not installed), cyrus, and a LOT of
devel packages for stuff I've only got the binaries installed for or
don't want.

I don't think this is just FC4 related; as far as I can remember it's
always done this, but I just lately have become very annoyed by it.