Invoking Godwin's Law

Raymond Lillard rlillard at sonic.net
Wed Apr 20 01:12:15 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 20.04.2005 schrieb Raymond Lillard um 2:28:
>

>>Alexander,
>>
>>Please see:
>>	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
>>
>>Ray
>

> Ray,
>
> thank you. Meanwhile Paul contacted me personally and cleared things up
> for me. "Godwin's Law" didn't mean anything for me up to that point
> (though I am a usenet user since '96 or so). One needs some inverse
> logic for bringing it together with the not ending "lilo is gone"
> discussion, where no arguments are given any longer ... but I think I
> made it :)

You're welcome.  Sadly Paul's posting is subject to Quirk's
Exception, which means we are probably doomed to more of
this foolishness.

Quirk's Exception:
     Intentional invocation of this so-called "Nazi Clause"
     is ineffectual.

I've killed threads on this topic at least a half dozen times
but it keeps coming back.

Regards,
Ray