[semi OT] Prism54 firmware loading

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Apr 20 18:35:17 UTC 2005

I'm trying to load a firmware for my Prism54 device.  I've grabbed the
1.0.4.3 firmware from http://prism54.org/~mcgrof/firmware/ and placed it
in /lib/firmware/ named as isl3890 for my Prism Duette device.  I got
the firmware to load once according to dmesg, but iwconfig would not
assign it an ESSID when prompted to.  I also got a message like
"Warning: your driver is compiled with wireless extensions version 17
but you are using version 16.  Things may not work".  After a reboot, I
was no longer able to get the firmware to load.  It just wouldn't do
that step, not sure why.

Does anybody have experience with using Prism54 in FC4 Test2?  This is
the only test platform I can use right now ):

Was I helpful?  Let others know: