cpu-freq-applet

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Apr 22 11:05:50 UTC 2005

Sean Bruno wrote:
> I have been noticing that my D800 laptop has been running hot(temp)
> since I installed FC4.
>
> Investigating a bit, I noted that I was pretty much always running at a
> load of about 1.  The cpu-freq applet seems to take a quite a bit of
> horse power.  This was confirmed when I shut it off and my box cooled
> off quite a bit.
>
> Is this expected behavior?
>
> Sean

My computer always comes up at full frequency. I let it load programs
initially and when things that I use are up, I change the frequency via
the applet to 662 MHz vs. the max of 1.52 GHz.

If you left click (or tap) the mouse around the applet, you can select a
lower frequency from the applet choices.

I would not guess it is the applet, but something determining the best
frequency for the computer load.

Jim