[fc4test2] install hangs with blank screen: unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "clearlooks"

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 17:05:31 UTC 2005

> I downloaded DVD & CD images, and none seems to work!.
> Installation hangs with blank screen just after "anaconda" have started.
> With [Crtl-Alt-F1], console displays this error message:
> gui.py:447: GtkWarning: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path:
> "clearlooks"

The message you're seeing is because the new GTK theme was not a part of
the installation images.  This has been fixed in Rawhide and therefore
will be fixed in time for FC4.  The message itself should not prevent
the installer from running, though.  At worst, it will just be very ugly
looking and some of the colors will be off.

If anaconda is hanging on a blank screen, that's probably a bug and
should be filed against anaconda.

- Chris