FC4 with postfix + (smtp & smtp-ssl) + (pop3 & pop3-ssl) + (imap & imap-ssl) + (spamassassin & clamav)

Donald Casey dcasey at the-caseys.com
Sun Apr 24 16:24:53 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 13:52 +0200, Cream wrote:
> I've noticed exim is gone from FC4 test2, and assume that means postfix
> is the MTA og choice.
>
> Can anyone point me to a step for step guide for setting up FC4 with
> postfix with virtual domains and (smtp & smtp-ssl) + (pop3 & pop3-ssl) +
> (imap & imap-ssl) + (spamassassin & clamav).
>
> Thank you
> Kris

Kris,

 I am actively working on building and maintaining servers as you are
looking to create. I have found a very good "Getting Started" article on
this using Postfix and Cyrus IMAP. I have also found that integrating
Squirrel Mail in to this is also not that tough of a project. Check out
this link:

http://www.cs.wcupa.edu/~rkline/Linux/email.html

 I would stay away from using FC4T* for any production mail server, but
if you want to experiment with it that go ahead, just be ready when
something goes wrong. Go back one step to FC3 and get all the updates
and you will be very happy with it.

Thanx,
Don