testing and bugzilla test reports.

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Tue Apr 26 21:57:17 UTC 2005

To me, there current way of specifying the "version" for a bugzilla report on
the current round of FC4Tn testing allows an individual to select devel,
FC4T1, FC4T2, test1, or test2.  To me this causes confusion and I would like
to suggest the following:

1. If reporting a bug on stuff from development BEFORE the beginning of
"official" testing (before FC4T1 was announced), OK use "devel".

2. Once FC4T1 is announced and before FC2T2 is your system, use "FC4T1" even
if you updated from development .. specify the package version that you got
from development.

3. Once you install FC4T2 (or if you just updated until you got the the
equivalent packages) and before FC4T3, report the bugs against "FC4T2".

4. etc., etc., etc.

I don't know about others but when I see a report with "devel" specified as
the version, I have no idea just what version is really havin the problem.

I would like to see test1, test2, test3 go away ... at least as an option for
reporting a bug.
--
Gene