Home Dir labels (manifested as a failed Flash install)

Sean Earp seanfedora at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 00:14:55 UTC 2005

Hello all-

In working with bug 152611, I have run into a problem whereby my fresh
install of FC4 apparently has the wrong security labels on files in my
home dir.  Could someone try the following and post your results?

1) Start up Firefox without having Flash installed
2) Go to a site that requires flash (ie nvidia.com, anandtech.com),
and load flash using the option that Firefox presents
3) See if Flash is functional after doing so (it probably will not be)
4) Fire up a terminal, navigate to ~/.mozilla/plugins, and run ls -Z
5) Report back as to whether the label says "default_t" (what I end up with)

[smearp at localhost ~]$ cd .mozilla/plugins
[smearp at localhost plugins]$ ls -Z
-rw-r--r--  smearp   smearp   user_u:object_r:default_t        flashplayer.xpt
-rwxr-xr-x  smearp   smearp   user_u:object_r:default_t        libflashplayer.so

or the following (which I can only get by running  restorecon -R -v ~/

[smearp at localhost ~]$ cd .mozilla/plugins
[smearp at localhost plugins]$ ls -Z
-rw-r--r--  smearp   smearp   user_u:object_r:user_home_t      flashplayer.xpt
-rwxr-xr-x  smearp   smearp   user_u:object_r:texrel_shlib_t
libflashplayer.so

Just trying to figure out if this is a global problem, or a "Just Me"
kind of thing.  Thanks,

-Sean