testing and bugzilla test reports.

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Wed Apr 27 06:31:07 UTC 2005

Marius Andreiana wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 17:57 -0400, Gene C. wrote:
>

>>I don't know about others but when I see a report with "devel" specified as
>>the version, I have no idea just what version is really havin the problem.
>>

>development (ex-rawhide) at the date of the report.
>

>>I would like to see test1, test2, test3 go away ... at least as an option for
>>reporting a bug.
>>

>same here. Perhaps they can be renamed fc1test1,fc1test2 ? (even if they
>have both fc1 and fc2)

i do not know if  "FCnTESTn" was in bugzilla before but it is

--------
product:
  fedora core

version:
  devel
  fc1
  fc2
  fc3
  fc3test1
  fc3test2
  fc3test3
  fc4test1
  fc4test2
  test1
  test2
  test3
----/----

i have no glue about databases and normalization
but for me it sounds bad to fill the "version" with eg. "fc4711test0815".
if it is really necessary it would make more sense to have
  version: fcn
  newfield: testn

imho "fcn"
  "devel" = rawhide between  fc4test3 <-> fc5test1
  and "testing" = rawhide while testing  fc4test1 <-> fc4test3
should be enough.

eg.
--------
<bug_id>  opened by  <reporter>  on  <date_time>
product:
  fedora core
version:
  testing
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
  <rpm-q package>
----/----

--
shrek-m