Newl FC4T2-x86_64 install won't boot on AMD64

Linux Bruker kernel at start.no
Thu Apr 28 11:21:39 UTC 2005

I've just installed FC4T2 x86_64 on a new AMD64 system (via K8T800 Pro chipset).
When setup finished and restartet computer it just hangs after trying to load
kernel. If I remove 'acpi=off' from grub kernel line it goes a bit further but
stops and asks me for a runlevel. It complains about not finding inittab.. I'm
using a SATA drive btw.

PS! I'm not the only one having this problem. See this forum thread:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=248728

PPS! I did an install of FC3 x86_64 yesterday and installed all (!) the updates.
Rebooted the computer and noticed I had got a new 2.6.11 kernel (FC3 uses 2.6.9
when installed) and I got the same problem there as with FC4T2.

Anyone got a clever workaround?

/Christopher