Stealthing Ports in system-config-securitylevel was: SSH brute force attack

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Fri Apr 29 02:14:52 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 08:35, Roger Grosswiler wrote:

> i do know that fwbuilder as firestarter are in extras, but i still think, that fwbuiler is not really for newbs...

Firewalls aren't for newbs.  Anything more than checking a few boxes for
the basic options and newbs shouldn't be doing it.  If it looks really
user friendly and stuff that just encourages them to think they can do
it.  And that is the absolute worst thing you could do.

Ok, so that makes me an elitist bastard.  So be it.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!