kernels (1446 & 1451) reorder ide/ata init: fsck can't read all volume labels

Paul Dickson paul at permanentmail.com
Fri Aug 5 18:01:55 UTC 2005

For some reason fsck can't read all the volume labels.  It could read
LABEL=/home (because it did a check), but that was on /dev/dm-1.  I can
boot the system normally if I do a "touch /fastboot" before I shutdown.
This skips the fsck checking.  Alternatively, I add the boot option
"hda=none" and fsck has no problem find LABEL=/boot.

Dumpe2fs has no trouble printing the volume name in either case, so it
might be an fsck problem.

Attached is a diff of the results of several commands.

	-Paul