A record number of breakages?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 05:21:38 UTC 2005

On Aug 16, 2005, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm not sure if it's me or the build box, but today must go down as the
> day with most number of packages borked in rawhide - there are tonnes
> relying on libpixman and libcairo and if they're excluded, there are
> still about that additionally have to be excluded as well!

Quick work around: rpm -i cairo-0.9.2-1.$ARCH.rpm

You might still have trouble with the GFS- and CLVM-related kernel
modules kept out of the kernel; I've installed the latest FC4 stable
kernel on the rawhide system to get those updated cleanly.  Not that
this makes them any useful, so I might as well have removed them :-)