Latest Firefox and profiles

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 15:22:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 10:49 -0400, John Kodis wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 07:16:59AM -0400, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> > I want to disable this profile business: any clues?
>
> You and me both.  A simpler, single-profile behavior would seem to be
> a more useful default.

This is not a question of a simpler default but of implementing correct
profile sharing in between more than one running firefox/mozilla
instances. This is a long standing feature request on firefox/mozilla
and as it cannot be easily solved it will stay so for some more time. :(

Note that in the profile there is a cache directory, XUL cache, and many
more things.

--
Tomas Mraz <tmraz at redhat.com>