A record number of breakages?

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 09:23:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 21:43 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if it's me or the build box, but today must go down as the
> day with most number of packages borked in rawhide - there are tonnes
> relying on libpixman and libcairo and if they're excluded, there are
> still about that additionally have to be excluded as well!

	Here's a thought - if the daily rawhide report comes with a list of
broken dependencies, it probably wouldn't take much for it to also
include the yum command line needed to update everything not affected by
the broken deps. Or yum itself could have a --exclude-broken-deps ...

	Broken deps are always going to be a fact of life with rawhide - it'd
be nice if didn't suck up too much time for people, though.

Cheers,
Mark.