Is anybody know how to install a CLP-510 Samsung Color Laser Printer on Fedora?

Klaasjan Brand fedora at kjb.dds.nl
Fri Aug 19 09:03:44 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 14:28 -0400, Fedora wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to know if anybody know how to install a CLP-510 Samsung
> Color Laser Printer
> on a Fedora Core 3 computer?

You will have better response on fedora-list instead of
fedora-test-list. This list is for test releases of fedora.

> I was able to install the PPD file in CUPS but the problem is that the
> CLP-510 use a proprietary
> protocol that is not compatible with PCL or Postscript.
>
> I don't know how to configure a different filter in CUPS.
>
> On the Samsung WEB site, we can find an old Linux Diver but It did not
> installed on a Fedora Machine.

Some tips on installing:
http://linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-CLP-500

Seeing the status ("paperweight") on that page makes me think you're
lucky if you can get it to print anything at all...

Klaasjan