Error while trying to install latest rawhide on pSeries

Joy Latten latten at austin.ibm.com
Fri Aug 19 15:36:39 UTC 2005

Yesterday I copied the boot.iso from
latest /pub/fedora/core/development/ppc/image/pseries
and used it to start an installation via http or ftp on a
pseries (squadron). I received the error below. I am not sure
I understand why anaconda is complaining. The directory I entered
for installing was /pub/fedora/linux/core/development/ppc/.

Running anaconda, the Fedora Core system installer - please wait...
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 28, in ?
   import sys, os
ImportError: No module named os